Tuesday 6 March 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR

It's been a while since I updated the blog. My...... my..... Seriously I can't follow the serious cooking bloggers. Hats off to them.. 
Yesterday on the 5th of March was my dear husband's birthday.. I made the red velvet cake. However I totally forgot the cream cheese frosting recipe I'd made before. Not satisfied with the end product of it. So I covered the cake thinly with the frosting since I don't have much time to redo it. The cake was marvellous. Love the red velvet sooooo much!

Happy birthday dear. 



RED VELVET CAKE (for 6" pan)  - I doubled it
Source : RIMA

Ingredients:-
1 1/4 cup flour *
1/2 tsp baking powder *         * sift altogether
1/2 tsp salt *                            

1 tblsp cocoa powder *
1 tblsp red coloring ( I used red cherry) *  * mix well

1/4 cup soft unsalted butter (57gm)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk (1/2 cup milk + 1/2 tbl vinegar/lemon juice)
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate

Method:
Beat butter and sugar till fluffy.
Add egg, beat till blended.
Add vanilla and cocoa powder mixture.
Add flour alternate with buttermilk.

Mix apple cider vinegar and soda bicarbonate together.
Add into the batter. Mix well.

Bake 180'c till cook.


CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

250gm cream cheese
50gm butter
1 tsp vanilla
275gm icing sugar (sift)

Make sure cream cheese and butter in room temperature.
Beat them till creamy.
Add vanilla.
Add icing sugar and beat till thick and smooth.










No comments:

Post a Comment